05 Apr How Portable Is Your Book of Business?
To determine how portable your book of business is, there are seven key questions you can ask yourself.
If you think your book of business may be portable, or if you’re a company seeking to hire someone with a portable book of business, there are seven questions you can ask yourself that will help you determine the portability of a book of business.
– Are you the main point of contact for your client? It’s important to think about whether your client considers you to be their trusted advisor for all financial matters.
– How deep is your relationship with your client? A deep relationship with a client will usually lend them to view you as more than just an investment expert, but as an expert on finances in general.
– Where did the client come from? It will be essential for you to determine whether the client was sourced internally through your own network, referred from an existing book of business, or, perhaps, inherited from a retiring financial advisor.
– What’s in it for the client? Uncovering the client’s motivation is key.
– Are there any products that are more proprietary or are unlikely to move?
– What are their lending and credit terms?
– Where are the assets custodied?
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Leah Yosef International is the Private Wealth and Investment Management search division of Sanford Rose Associates, recognized by Executive Search Review as being one of the Top 10 Search Firms in North America with 90+ Offices worldwide. To learn more, please reach out to your Leah Yosef International executive search consultant today. Schedule A Consultation