Director of Investments
New York, NY
Dynamic, fast growing 1B+ Independent RIA is seeking a Director of Investments to provide overall strategy, dynamic asset allocation modeling, risk modeling per financial planning entity, thoughtful analysis, research, due diligence and portfolio analytics for the firm’s high net worth and ultra-high net worth clientele. Clear path to CIO.
Opportunity to be an integral part of scaling an already fast-growing firm by leading the investment committee and building, refining, and improving investment strategies and processes. Long term path to equity.
- Advise clients directly on asset allocation and portfolio construction and manage key client investment related communication in tandem with relationship managers; average client $20 million+ of investable assets, 30mm+ balance sheets
- Lead the due diligence, research and portfolio construction and asset allocation processes across managed portfolios to identify new investment managers and opportunities
- Develop and deliver a best-in-class alternative investment platform – access, diligence and implementation and reporting
- Provide investment strategy for Cross Border and international clientele, especially in Southern Asia
- Asset Allocation and Asset Location – Building and managing portfolio management service offerings within Financial Planning Entities (CRUTs, Donor Advised Funds, etc.)
- Experience with ultra-high net worth clientele (20m+ level) regarding investment strategy, portfolio construction, investment analytics and performance reporting including Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate Funds, Private Credit etc.
- Excellent client facing written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment